Friday, May 19, 2017

No More Long-Sleeves for Julia!



I just got off the phone with the teacher of one of my Cogmed students enrolled in a in-school pilot program using Cogmed Working Memory Training in Northern California.  This student, I will call  her 'Julia,' was recommended for the training due to her low academic performance and emotional issues.  

With 5 more training sessions remaining, I noticed a positive shift in Julia's demeanor and a difference in her choice of clothing.  Until my conversation with Julia's teacher today, I had no idea of the extent of the positive changes for Julia. 

Apparently, Julia had been cutting herself at home and only wore long-sleeved shirts to school.  Since the participation in the Cogmed training, Julia has stopped cutting herself and is wearing short-sleeves shirts to school. I had noticed that she was wearing different clothes, but I had no idea why!

I have not assessed Julia's academic performance to determine if there is a positive change in her learning skills, but I am elated that the Cogmed training has already helped her emotionally!!




No comments:

Post a Comment